Recent Posts

header ads

Can Money Buy Happiness Argumentative Essay?

 

Can Money Buy Happiness Argumentative Essay?

                                                   

Anyone who tells you money can't buy happiness never had any.

Can money buy happiness economics?

Can money buy happiness points?

Can money buy happiness presentation?

Can money buy you happiness argumentative essay?

I'm sure there will be many people who read this article and think I'm pretty crazy. Quite frankly, I don't care. In this article I write about what, in my humble opinion, is most important in life, health and happiness.

Most of my friends only talk about money:

What car do you drive?

How much is your house worth?

how much you earn

How much did your suit cost?

Where are you going on vacation this year?

I find it all very boring and I think they are rather sad. They seem to be in some kind of competition and are basically obsessed with money.

I will give you an example of one such friend, his name is John. He never seems to talk about anything else and is always looking for ways to get rich quick. He is also in the lottery syndicate, which has around fifty members. Each member pays around ten pounds a week. John likes to socialize on Saturday nights, but soon his feet get itchy while drawing. A few minutes later, he goes to the bathroom to call his girlfriend. He takes a piece of paper with his numbers and a small pen into the bathroom. After his girlfriend tells him which numbers have been drawn, John spends about twenty minutes checking his numbers before checking again to see if he has any winning lines.

Finally he returns to the group who seem very eager (except me) to find out how much he won/lost. He has won only small amounts so far, but he is convinced that he will become a millionaire one day. He then starts talking about the lottery and asks the other people what they would buy if they were lucky enough to ever win. I'm getting very bored at this point and I'm starting to wish I could just stay home and watch football.

For me, the two most important things in life are health and happiness. Those are two things money can't buy. A few years ago, my father became ill. He was really bad and had to spend about five months in the hospital. His illness was a huge shock to me because he was only fifty-seven. I feared the worst, though I tried my best to think and stay positive. I remember thinking that if I gave those doctors everything I had in the world, it still wouldn't help him. I felt helpless and at that moment I realized that money is just paper.

Luck is the same, I remember when I was twenty one I had a lot of money and I was surprised that I was depressed at the same time. Other times I had almost no money and was extremely happy.

mahd_writes



Post a Comment

0 Comments